Why I despise the Game Play Forums On Howrse
I used to hang out in the Game Play forums all the time and help out, but as the years have gone by the forums have gotten worse and worse. I can no longer stand to hang out there much. Sometimes I try, but there's just too much insanity. A few people have asked me why I have such a strong point of view against it and I felt like this would help out.
- The titles rule: I understand the point of relevant titles; if people wrote stupid things in the titles, it would mess everybody else up. However, anymore they take it too far. If your title is not your question exactly, it is abused, as many people say "relevant titles would be nice" or "Please have meaningful titles". I mean, Do I have to write my whole question in my title? If I do that I have to write "titles says it all" and then they'll say that "There's a place for a message with your title for a reason". Make up your minds!
- The bumping rule: So I make a topic this morning. I go with my dad to get breakfast at McDonald's. I come home. I check my topic while eating. I post a further question on my topic- for the first time by the way- as I read it. My topic is locked because "I bumped an old topic which is spamming the forum." I mean yeah, if you're posting in day old topics there can be a problem, but most of the time, it should be aloud. On a side note, another thing that rubs me the wrong way: you see a topic that's about 15, 20 minutes old, the person got a bunch of very unhelpful, or very WRONG, answers. I guess most people don't give a rip- they just figure if you weren't helped it's your problem. I'm not like that. I care about knowledge and learning progress and helping, and I guess I'm the only one, because if you reply, explaining why the answers given were not of use and giving the right answers, and along comes a mod to lock it and say "there was no need to bump a topic from the ancient days when answers were given ages ago". Yeah well, I suppose there's no need to fix it when all the ancient answers are WRONG, huh? Noooo, of course not... We're just here to hurry, not to have right answers. -_-
- The opinion polls: I understand them not wanting fights started, but some topics should be aloud. I mean, you ask what a horse's best comp is, and everyone says "OMG OPINION POLL FREAK OUT EVERYBODY!!!" Seriously? There is a fact for that! While it is true that "each specialty there are equivalent comps" for some of the breeds a comp in a certain specialty has all three of the horses top skills, while one in the other has only two, so yes the horse will excel in both, but the best will obviously be the one with all three, but if you dare say it, you will be censored for having an opinion- and actually saying the opinion too! Doesn't that level of awfulness just beat it all? < . <
- The Answer Rush: Everyone receives stock answers. Answers which have been parsed down as far as possible, and have no life or meaning or explanation or chance for hows or whys or buts. Trying to type a better answer is useless because by the time you attempt to be of some use to the person you will get it locked for bumping a topic from a whole whopping 15 minutes ago! *gasp*
- The "This doesn't belong here!!!" rants: I know, asking whether you should wear the red dress or the yellow dress is stupid, but seriously, many questions are are tossed aside and locked for no reason. They never let you ask about Graphics on the game. I think Howrse doesn't like layouts, avatars, banners, etc making, after all they banned the selling of it, lied to kittenz_mittenz who tried to make a petition for it, and they won't let you ask about it in the game play forum even though it is often a part of player's gameplay.When someone asks that and gets told off, I always PM them and give them some TBH graphics help links.... I mean, we do not expect you guys to tell how to do it there! Just give a link or something. Ohhh right, they're afraid if you leave Howrse you'll just give your password away to everybody and get your account stolen.... yeah, what is it they think we do when we are not on Howrse and don't have them to lord over us and supervise our browsing and cover half the page with huge annoying warnings and fix it so we can't add links to out favorites? Just go around handing out our passwords? C'mon Howrse, we aren't a bunch of morons....
- The "If you can't say what we want you to say nothing" rule: I am so sick of seeing someone post "eager to hear the other answers on this topic, I was having this same problem" and then their message is censored and mod tells them "if they can't add meaningful info they shouldn't have posted". Are we as humans aloud to speak if not spoken to? To say what we want to say? To mention something when we want to without your approval? Apparently not, but it would sure be a nice addition to the game if we were aloud to *hint hint*. Not to mention that those who gave what you call "meaningful info" were actually giving as short as possible answers with literally no information hidden anywhere.... but we're not supposed to care about that either huh? So I thought...
That's just my two sense... what do you think? Comment below! :)